Pan Roasted Hake with Black Butter Sauce 03/07/2017, Recipes
This is a deliciously simple way to cook hake and really highlights how exceptionally fresh this fish is. Perfect as a light dinner or lunch. Order all the ingredients here.
For 2 servings - adjust accordingly for quantity required:
Ready in only 15 mins
1. Preheat oven to highest heat.
2. Cut the hake fillet in half. Brush the hake in oil, sprinkle salt on the skin and place in a pre-heated frying-pan (one you can put in the oven) on the hob, skin side down.
3. Fry for 5 minutes on a high heat until the skin is crispy but not burnt.
4. Put the spinach on to steam - keep an eye on it; it should be gently wilted.
5. Roughly chop the parsley.
6. Flip the fish skin side up and place in the oven for a further 4 minutes.
7. Turn off oven. Carefully remove the pan and place back on the hob. Remove the fish and place on a plate. Return plated fish to oven for 1 minute to keep warm.
8. Add a good chunk of butter to the pan and melt it. When it smells nutty, squeeze in the lemon and add the chopped parsley.
9. Remove the fish from the oven, add the spinach to the plate, and spoon the sauce over the fish.