Easy Dried Orange Christmas Decorations 18/12/2017, Recipes
December is here and why not try something new this festive season? These dried orange decorations couldn't be easier to make. Not only that but they are economical and biodegradable too. You can also make them with apple slices. If you're feeling especially creative, they make great wreath decorations.
- Preheat the oven to 100°C.
- Slice the oranges into thin slices. Try to slice them in as equal thickness as possible. Slice with the stalk positioned to the side, this will give the slices the star shape in the centre.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and position the slices equal distance apart.
- Bake the slices for an hour, turn them over, and bake for a second hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Pierce a 1cm hole along an edge of the slice.
- Thread a strip of ribbon through this hole and fasten together with a double knot or bow.