Warm Fava Bean & Spiced Roasted Vegetable Salad 03/09/2017, Recipes
Perfect all year round, this salad is both warming and refreshing at the same time. A favourite among the fresh-range team.
Carrots (about a bunch)
1 Red Onion
2-3 Cloves Garlic
150 g White Cheese (feta or simliar)
100-200 g Olives
1 Little Gem Lettuce
400 g Fava Beans
Half a Lemon
Cooking oil (we use rapeseed)
1. Roughly chop the red onion, carrots and garlic. Keep the carrots and red onion in reasonable chunks or they'll disintegrate. Place in a roasting dish with a good glug of oil. Sprinkle liberally with cumin seeds then place in the oven for 20 mins.
2. While the veg is roasting, rinse the fava beans then place them in a mixing bowl. Add a little oil (aprox. 1 tablespoon) and squeeze in the lemon juice.
3. After the veg has roasted for 20 mins, remove from the oven, coat the carots in honey and return everything to the oven for a final 5 mins.
4. Remove everything from the oven and leave to cool.
5. Roughly chop the fresh mint leaves and de-leaf the little gem lettuce then add both to the fava beans. Give everything in the bowl a quick mix.
6. Add everything in the bowl to the roasting dish and mix well with the warm vegetables.
7. Crumble the white cheese over the top and serve with a slice of sourdough.